Monday, January 2, 2017

Whistler


 Whistler is a very famous mountain in Canada so we thought that we would go up it too. Whistler is a very cool mountain. You can go skiing, snowboarding, play with the snow, shop in the village or hike in the summer. But we got to go on the Coca Cola Tube Park.

Tubing is really fun, you slide down a big hill using a big round tube shaped like a donut. There were lots of lanes that you could go down and the scariest ones were really downhill. First I went on the middle-sized lane because I was a little too scared t go on the big one. My mum tried to make me go down the biggest one on my second go but I said "No No No!"

We had to walk in a line up the mountain to get to go down tubing again. You got five or six times before your time would run out.  We went up this thing called a Magic Carpet - it's kind of like an escalator that takes you all the way up to do more tubing.
Finally my mum forced me to go on the big one and on my last turn I did. And... it was actually pretty fun.

The snow goes in your face as you go down the hill as it is very very fast. So what we did when we went tubing we pulled down our hat and pulled up our scarf to cover our face. It is better to have a see through hat so we could see where we were going and it was really cool.

Whistler was really cool and had actual snow that we didn't have in the city of Vancouver. It took two hours to get to Whistler, so on the way home I had a big nap. It was New Year's Eve, so it was a great New Year's Eve thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marika,

    I'm so thrilled that you had the chance to visit Whistler. It is one of my very favourite places to go! There is so much to see and do in the village and it is quite quaint, isn't it?

    I hope that you weren't too frightened when you tried tubing. It can be a bit scary at first but it sounds like you conquered your fears and tackled the biggest ride at the very end. Way to go!

    Keep up the great work with your blogging. It's such a pleasure to read about your adventures and to watch your videos!

    Safe travels, Marika :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rika it's your friend Jahzara it's nice to see that you are having a good time in the holidays and with your family hoping to see you in the same class as me at school
    by your friend Jahzara

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness princess you write so well I feel as though Uncle and I was there. Thank you love you heaps xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete