Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Eve




On Saturday it was Christmas Eve. When I woke up in the morning I had to get ready to have an amazing day of adventures. First we went to my Uncle and Aunty's work. I learnt lots of cool stuff like looking into animals' eyes and looking at how my uncle x-rays animals. My Uncle is a Veterinary Surgeon and my Aunty is a Veterinary Ophthalmologist (which means she looks after eyes). They both have really cool jobs. We had never seen their work before because last time we came we were too busy.

After that we went out to lunch to a burger restaurant and they had a really yummy cheese toastie so I thought I would have that - it was very yummy.

That evening we went to go and see these very cool lights. It was called Enchant. There was a cool maze made out of lights and you had to help Santa find all his reindeer as the reindeer had been lost during a storm at the North Pole. I found all the reindeer but I did lose my Aunty and Uncle and my Aunty's parents!
The maze was very very cool it had a Christmas tree in the middle of the maze. If you went east there was a giant star made out of lights on the ground! While we were looking it was pretty easy to see the reindeer as they were made out of lights and were HUGE! We got a stamp each time we found a new reindeer. There was no prize, but seeing the amazing lights and having fun was the prize.
After finding the reindeer we went to visit Santa. I think that Santa was one of Santa's helpers as the real Santa was working hard delivering presents back home.

When we got home I had forgotten we still had to have dinner. Aunty Christina made a really yummy dinner of Swedish meatballs and pavlova. I then went to sleep to wait for Santa and I hoped that the next day would be another amazing Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marika,

    Wow! It sounds like you had a great Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. I have never had the opportunity to visit a real veterinary clinic before. It must have been really interesting!

    I am truly amazed by the length of your blog and by all of the details that you provided! If you are interested in maintaining your blogging over the summer holiday we are actually offering a special blogging programme called a 'Summer Learning Journey.' It's open to anyone at Pt England school from Year 4 to Year 8. To participate, all you have to do is log onto the Summer Learning Journey website (https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/welcome), click on the register tab and fill in the form. Once you've filled it in you are registered!

    You then are invited to click on the 'Weekly Activities' tab. There are four weeks worth of activities that are all related to the topic of 'Travel and Adventure.' You can choose any one of the 60 activities and you complete it by posting your answer on your blog site. I will read your blog, comment back and give you points.

    Every regular blog is worth 4 points. There are also some bonus activities worth between 5 and 20 points! The students from Pt England with the most points, at the end of the summer, will win cool prizes!

    If you're interested in participating, please log onto the Summer Learning Journey site and get started. We would LOVE to have you blogging with us!!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, I am so busy visiting Canada and the USA that I'm sorry I won't have time to do the Summer Learning Journey - but I am blogging everyday. See you for the Winter Learning Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Hello! Here is Rachel's post. I see that you can indeed join the Summer Learning Journey if you like!

    I love all these pictures. It is nice to see you making such awesome blogs. Like Rachel said, if you want, feel free to join in with your classmates at Pt. England. It is quite a cool programme with a bunch of different activities you can do (if you have any spare time at all on this trip!)

    Keep up the amazing blogging. I'll read all of them, but might only comment on a few!

    Kia ora,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi marika you are so lucky to get presents and sit by santa's side what did you get in your present?

    ReplyDelete