Monday, September 28, 2015

Visiting Parliament

Today we went to Parliament. Parliament is shaped like a beehive, that is why some people call it The Beehive.
We went on a tour with a lady and she showed us lots of things in the parliament.
My favourite thing was that we got to see the debating chamber because that's where everyone talks about laws and bills.
I saw John Key's seat, my teacher's brother's seat as well as my MP's seat - Simon O'Connor. Simon came to my class last week.
There are lots of parts of parliament and we saw nearly everything except the offices.
Next time I'd like to see the offices.

5 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to go to parliament. Did you see the secret corridor and the swimming pool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marika. Simon O'Connor here. It is great that you had such an enjoyable time in parliament. It is a really special place. Next time you and your family visit, I will have to show you all around myself and let you sit in my seat in parliament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi marika chance here i heard all about parliament. sounds cool to visit a new place with wonderful stuff did you go into parliament? From your best friend in the universe Chance..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a great time ther at the Parliament

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a great time ther at the Parliament

    ReplyDelete