Friday, June 5, 2015

Maui and the Sun

Once upon a time Maui was sick of the sun going too fast. the days were too short and the nights were too long.

So one day he said to his brothers “Come and help me make the sun go slower” His brothers laughed and laughed “We can’t make the sun go more slowly” said Maui’s brothers “That’s crazy” But Maui never gave up.

So he managed to get his brothers to help him get the sun. But the brothers said “How are we going to control the sun?”

“We can use flax ropes.”

“Great idea Maui” his brothers said.

So once they got all the flax ropes ready they set off walking in the darkness.

When they got to the enormous rocks where the sun came up, they hid behind the enormous rocks so the sun wouldn’t see. Maui said to his brothers “When I say 1, 2, 3 jump out the grab the ropes and pull really tight.”

“1, 2, 3 Go!” The brothers jumped out and grabbed the ropes.

The sun said “Let me go, Let me go!”

“I don’t care” said Maui.

“But I am going to die”
“If I let you go, you have to promise you will go more slowly.”

“OK I promise” said the sun.

“Let go of the ropes” said Maui.

When the brothers got home they were happy because they could have plenty of time to hunt and plenty of time to fish.


1 comment:

  1. What a great retell of Maui and the Sun. You did an awesome job of using speech and speech marks to make your story more dramatic.The next step is to think about where commas and full stops should go. From Mrs Trimble

    ReplyDelete