Sunday, May 31, 2015

Football World Cup

Today we went to the football game in Hamilton. Qatar was playing Colombia in the FIFA World Cup.
I went to watch because Gigi and Graga used to teach football in Qatar when I was young and they know the boys.
I got to take a photo with the mascot WoolIAm who is a goat/sheep.
During halftime my mum gave me some money to get some mini donuts. I shared them with Gigi and Graga and Mummy. They were really yummy.
During the game some players were a little bit naughty. The were grabbing tshirts and once a Qatar player grabbed the Colombian player and pulled him down. 
The Colombian team won. They scored one goal and Qatar got zero.
Columbia is in South America and Qatar is in the Middle East.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun day out! You must be the only girl in New Zealand whose grandparents know the Qatar players personally. I love the photo with the woolly thingee.

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marika, what a great experience for you. Which team were you supporting? I love it that you were allowed some mini donuts too. Food is very important on trips out! Thank you for sharing. I look forward to showing Fynn and Max.
    Miss Wood

    ReplyDelete