Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Goat Island



Today Hendrick, Mummy, Coco, Aunty Ness and I went to Goat Island.

Goat Island is a special place for sea animals to live because there're lots of places to hide in the sea weed. People are not allowed to go fishing there - once some people got all the fish from a cave called the Snapper Cave, so there weren't any snappers living there anymore. You are not allowed to touch the shells and rocks because the animals would have to find new homes. You are not allowed to feed the fish otherwise their natural behaviour will be disturbed. You are not allowed to take your dog - in order to protect the penguins and other birds. Do not light fires anywhere in the reserve to protect the trees.

Goat Island is a great snorkelling place because when you go underwater you see many many fish.
When I was snorkelling with mummy we saw a whole school of snapper fish.

There is a big boat that is called The Glass Bottom Boat. Do you know why it is called The Glass Bottom Boat? It is because it has a glass bottom, the boat doesn't really have a bottom, but the floor is made of glass so that you can see the fish swimming. I saw another school of fish that was bigger than the school I saw when I was snorkelling - the fish were smaller though.

Last year I didn't know how to snorkel, I was arguing and crying instead of just doing it. But this year I was a professional superstar. Mummy had an idea that I could have my boogie board so I didn't have to jump on mummy when I was tired, I could jump on my boogie board instead. It wasn't very helpful though, because I kept slipping off.
It was sooooo fun snorkelling.

On our way home after we were so hot, tired and salty, we stopped at Charlie's Icecream and ate the best icecream in the whole wide universe. I got to have 2 scoops - raspberry and hokey pokey.

I loved Goat Island so much that on the way back home I said to mummy "I want to go snorkelling again when Uncle Mike and Aunty Tinana come to visit."




5 comments:

  1. WOW what a fantabulous adventure! I sure wish I was there with you but I am back at work now. I have had two great days with Miss Paula!
    Thank you VERY much for my eiffel tower..... I LOVE it!!! You are very sweet to get that for me - thank you!
    You had a super-duper time at Goat Island! Who has the uber cool underwater camera? One day you have to come all the way down to Mosgiel... we will have great adventures together!
    Anne K xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Snorkelling is so much fun. Were you scared of the big fish?
    Mrs Trimble

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks cool
    wish I went
    there
    by Jahzara

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must of had fun I wish that I could do the same thing

    From jedida

    ReplyDelete